Title: Instructor/Assistant Professor, Game Art
Department: Visual Arts & Humanities
Campus Location: Arnold/Main Campus
Salary Range: $54,722-$68,732
Work Mode: This position requires regular in-person presence on campus and at alternative locations, depending on class schedule and other assigned duties.
Hours Per Week: 40
Position Type: Full-Time Faculty
Are you an educator who believes that education serves the greater good by providing all students access to a better life? Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) may be the place for you.
With learning as its central mission, AACC, located in Anne Arundel County, Maryland near historic Annapolis, has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 60 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully accredited, public, two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning.
The ideal candidate for a faculty position at AACC understands that community colleges are positioned to fundamentally transform people’s lives, and as a result, society itself. We’re looking for those with a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement in disciplinary knowledge, pedagogy and successful collaboration with colleagues in efforts aligned with student success and completion. The successful candidate also embraces the idea of helping students achieve their goals and approaches academic and inclusive excellence as moral imperatives, as evidenced in a strong commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We also welcome those who are energized by supporting a diverse set of learners and those who embrace the notion of lifelong learning and continuous improvement. The successful applicant will also demonstrate experience with the interdisciplinary and collaborative structures of the diverse professional work.
AACC is a tenure granting institution. Any candidate hired as a full-time faculty member may be eligible to apply for tenure in the future based on institutional eligibility requirements. This position requires regular in-person presence on campus or at alternative locations, depending on class schedule and other assigned duties. Flexible teaching schedules may be available based student need. AACC offers daytime, evening, weekend classes, hybrid and online classes.
Do your values and ideals align with AACC’s mission and vision?
Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administrators, and staff members. The college seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, embrace concepts of equity and inclusiveness, and support the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
While we appreciate your interest in employment with Anne Arundel Community College, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for any position.
In the best interest of the College, only individuals who are residents of Maryland or one of the following states will be eligible for employment at the college: Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia or the District of Columbia. The college will annually review this restriction and, if appropriate, expand the list of states of employment eligibility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Visual Arts Department at Anne Arundel Community College seeks a full-time instructor/assistant professor of Game Art. Candidate would be responsible for teaching Game Art and foundation Digital Design courses (30 load hours per academic year), both in-person and online, with overload and summer teaching options.
Guided by principles that emphasize equity and student success, especially in learning, and continuous improvement for a progressive and vital learning community, we envision AACC as a premier learning organization that is in the vanguard of community college education. As a consequence, we welcome qualified faculty candidates who demonstrate:
• Commitment to student-centered teaching excellence with a diverse student body and in a variety of teaching formats
• Commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and accessibility
• Commitment to developing curriculum and programs
• Expertise in learning outcomes assessment
• Commitment to engaging with students inside and outside of the classroom
• Commitment to college service and value community partnerships
• Commitment to continuous improvement and professional development
• Commitment to AACC’s values
• Thirty faculty load hour annual contract taught during fall and spring terms – including face-to-face, online or hybrid instruction and instruction at off-site locations (including high schools) depending on student need
• Six office hours per week during the fall and spring terms which may include student advising and mentoring
• Teaching and assessing student learning
• Professional development
• Department, school and college/community service
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field with demonstrated industry/professional experience
• Demonstrated technical experience in creating 2D and/or 3D game art or relevant professional certifications or licenses
• An understanding of contemporary, theoretical, and historical concepts in design and art, and the ability to encourage critical thinking and problem solving
• Mastery of related technologies and processes
• Expertise with the Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
• A portfolio demonstrating strength and breadth of professional and student work
• Master's Degree in a related field
• Evidence of high-quality teaching at a post-secondary institution in design
• Knowledge of game development and design
• Expertise in related art and design disciplines
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff
• Experience with curriculum development, program assessment, and diversity practices
• Bilingual or other language proficiency.
Fill in your details
Thank you for sharing this job!