Title: Intake Assistant
Department: English Lang Learn & Adult Ed
Campus Location: Glen Burnie Town Center
Salary Range: $17.30/hr
Work Mode: This position requires some regular in-person presence on campus or at alternative locations, depending on business needs of the office.
Hours Per Week: part-time
Position Type: Hourly and Temporary, Non-Exempt
The English Language Learning (ELL) Intake Assistant works closely with the ELL Program Coordinator. They are responsible for:
• engaging with ELL students to ensure proper assessment and placement into the English Basic Skills (EBS) or English for Academic Purposes (EAP) learning pathway;
• administering CASAS pre-tests and post-tests to EBS students;
• providing support to Adult Education (AE) staff for annual grant audits;
• data entry and managing assessment and enrollment databases;
• contacting EBS and EAP students regarding class attendance and future enrollments.
Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administrators, and staff members. The college seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, embrace concepts of equity and inclusiveness, and support the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
While we appreciate your interest in employment with Anne Arundel Community College, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for any position.
In the best interest of the College, only individuals who are residents of Maryland or one of the following states will be eligible for employment at the college: Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia or the District of Columbia. The college will annually review this restriction and, if appropriate, expand the list of states of employment eligibility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Implement a system that documents learner goals and literacy level assessments
• Implement the enrollment process including scheduling managing and documenting wait lists
• Conduct or manage EBS orientation, intake and assessment
• Schedule and conduct EAP advising sessions via Student Planning
• Administer or manage assessment implementation
• Communicate with learners and instructors regarding placement process and attendance issues
• Basic speaking/listening ability in one or more of the following languages: Spanish*, Korean, Portuguese, Chinese, French, Russian. (* Priority given to Spanish speakers based on student population)
• Associate’s degree in English, Education or another relevant field.
• Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office with a high proficiency in OneDrive and Excel.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse, multicultural populations.
• Work effectively and tactfully with students, faculty, and staff.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings at AACC campus locations.
• Experience administering CASAS tests or other English language testing programs.
• Experience collecting, recording, and auditing language testing results and enrollment information.
• Demonstrated ability to advise and place students using standardized testing and/or oral proficiency interviews.
• Experience with document translation from English to Spanish.
Fill in your details
Thank you for sharing this job!